For those of you who haven't followed the Green Wizard story so far and can't be bothered to backfill the blog, here's a potted summary of the story so far.
1. Green Wizard is an independent publisher whose titles are available currently on Amazon Kindle. Other platforms and print versions are currently being discussed.
1a) On November 11th, only one book existed. By April 25th 2012, five completed novels were published on the Kindle e-platform. Approximately 380,000 words.
2. There are currently five complete novels to read and one nearly completed. Five of the six are set in Nottingham, Southwell or Newark with real landmarks and real people. In three of the books, Southwell is called Wheatley Fields and Nottingham is called The City.
3. Early progress was slow, largely because I insisted on designing the covers myself. Some of the novels have four cover versions, none of which are any good. I completely underestimated how important covers are, because I have never, in my whole life, bought a book based on its cover design. I am, it has been pointed out, an exception, not the rule.
4. The mistake has necessitated a complete DC 52 style relaunch which starts either tonight or tomorrow. In partnership with Dark Dawn Creations, all six covers are being redesigned and publicised on this blog and on Facebook.
Dawn, from Arizona, has done a magnificent job and even if you never read a word of my potboilers, some of the covers are really colourful and nice to look at. They are worth viewing.
4a) I have dropped the Green Wizard branding and numbering system from the covers to try and win back readers who didn't like my incompetent covers.
The Facebook Relaunch Address: Green Wizard Publishing. Type this into the Facebook search box. If you LIKE me, you'll get updates and news bulletins and you can talk everything books.
5. People who have read the books really like them, except one, whose opinions can be found two blog posts down. They are priced as little as a £1, thought the new ones are a whopping £3. One of the books is 650 pages long (The Ritual).I think it's £2. Sample chapters are hidden inside here and on the Amazon website.
Because of the Relaunch, I've dropped off the pace with TIW and I'll try and pick it up tomorrow night, though its Royal Ascot this week which is, by common consent, the best horse race meeting in the world.