"Who in their right mind wouldn't want to read a book by Mark Barry!" (Mary Quallo, St Louis)

"Who in their right mind wouldn't want to read a book by Mark Barry!"  (Mary Quallo, St Louis)
Coming next week - Carla Eatherington

Thursday 3 May 2012

This weather must be leading everyone to the madhouse! It certainly is for me. Set off for ROT to see Johnny in reasonably clement sunshine and then halfway down the road, it starts to throw it down in torrents. 

Most of the leaflets I took with me were ruined, but I managed to leaflet drop thirty or forty houses before the rain beat me back.

Britain isn't a bad country when you look at it objectively. If you're ill, you can see a doctor in ten minutes and be sent to hospital in thirty; free of charge. There's indoor plumbing, libraries, decent transport, a magnificent sporting infrastructure, the Download festival, the best horse racing on the planet, kebabs, curries, beer, chocolate biscuits and plenty of other things, but by golly, I'd leave all that behind to wake up in the sun everyday.

My good friend Paul lived in LA for a couple of years and you could bottle my envy and sprinkle something large with it. Wouldn't it be great to wake up with the same weather as yesterday. 

And the day before. And blue skies...and...and...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.