"Who in their right mind wouldn't want to read a book by Mark Barry!" (Mary Quallo, St Louis)

"Who in their right mind wouldn't want to read a book by Mark Barry!"  (Mary Quallo, St Louis)
Coming next week - Carla Eatherington

Monday 28 May 2012

Carla Again

Carla is online now. Some of you might remember I started writing this when we returned from my father's 70th birthday in Tenerife. I wrote most of it that weekend, (42,000) in the style of the old pulp writers, deadline harassed, whisky-fuelled and hyper-stressed.

As it happened, I think I stumbled onto an original idea and I ended up rewriting the story. Hence the delay. It came in at 76,000 words, which Amazon class as a full novel.

It will cost you £1.53 as a British reader for a limited period. The first two and a half chapters are on Freeview. It looks nice, the best of all Green Wizard stuff,

Simply click on the cover to your right (third one down) and you can read the first two and a half for free.

It's £3 for the PDF manuscript on my website, though you can pick up this and any three other PDF's for £9.

Here's what Kelly W, one of my best friends,probably my biggest supporter and long time proofreader had to say:


Just finished Carla. I think I'm in shock. Grieving a little. I don't know. Very affected. 

Excellent book - very few things to change - typo's etc I've changed but other than that - it's as it should be. Undoubtedly the best thing you've written and I can see why it would take so much out of you to write a book like that. It took a little bit of something out of me to read it. 


I know what Kelly likes and I know what she doesn't. She likes Hollywood Shakedown but really had to plough through The Ritual. She's no sycophant. She slaughters my covers and isn't slow to take the p**s out of me. So she never bullshits me. If SHE likes this book, you will. I used to teach Psychology and Criminal Psychology back in the day and I drew on much of that experience. 

If you like gritty stuff, black humour, crime, psychology, psychiatry, odd romances, love affairs, mental health issues, I think you'll like this one. It also has a climax so affecting, couldn't write anything for a week. Hell, I didn't want to leave the flat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.